HIV/NCD Integration Implementation Specialist (01)
HIV/NCD Integration Implementation Specialist (01)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: HIV/NCD Integration Implementation Specialist (01)
Reports to: Director – Infectious Diseases/National HIV Coordinator
Location: Ministry of Health Headquarters, Lusaka, Zambia
The ART/NCD Integration Implementation Advisor will coordinate the implementation of the integration of non-communicable diseases (including but not limited to Hypertension, Diabetes, obesity, mental health, and Dyslipidaemia) care in the antiretroviral therapy care services in all Public and Private health care facilities under Ministry of health. He/she will lead the designing, installation and monitoring of innovative, cost effective and sustainable service provision models that will integrate NCD care into ART services. He or She will work with the Directorate of Clinical Care and Diagnostic Services under the supervision of the National ART Coordinator, and also work closely with the Assistant Director – Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) under the NCDs unit in the Directorate of Public Health.
• Provide technical and programmatic support and coordination for the implementation of the integration of ART and NCD services within the Ministry of health and with implementing partners operating under the PEPFAR and non -PEPFAR programme (e.g. WHO, UNAIDS)
• Support the development of clinical guidelines, implementation frameworks and models and their rollout, scale up to ensure that recipient of ART care receive equitable and quality screening, prevention/ treatment/management and clinical monitoring of NCD conditions
• Develops continuous quality interventions for the integration services. Develop service and data quality standards for the implementation and clinical services of NCD care within ART services.
• Support the development of a new OR/adjustment of an existing monitoring and evaluation framework including indicators, monitoring systems and its evaluation for the integration intervention. This includes EMR related M and E requirements.
• Support the provision of capacity building centrally and sub nationally in the integrations and the provision of the NCD care in ART services; Support the development or refinement of capacity building materials, pre-service and in-service, related to NCD HIV integration; Support the development, translation (into local language), and dissemination of Demand creation materials to enhance literacy among ROC.
• Prepare continuous application updates, budgets and associated administrative requirements to the funder.
• Coordinates link and support the services provision points with the mainstream supply chain for laboratory and pharmaceutical commodities required for the integration of NCD care in ART services. Participate in forecasting and quantification processes related to this supply chain.
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with minimum five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor of Science Degree in any health-related field
• Must have a master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Implementation Science, Project Management, Business Administration or a related field
Experience and Skills
• At least 5 years of programmatic experience working in or with a governmental agency, or HIV services implementing partner preferably in Zambia
• Experience working on NCD programs
• Experience in working on project implementation, continuous quality improvement, capacity building, or monitoring and evaluation is required
• Experience working with and on Donor funded projects is an added advantage
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Have good interpersonal skills and work effectively with all stakeholders
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office as a basic requirement) and ability to work with word, excel and powerpoint)
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary- (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205