Laboratory Data Associate (02)
Laboratory Data Associate (02)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Laboratory Data Associate (02)
Reports to: Manager – Zambia National Public Health Institute Reference Laboratory
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute Reference Laboratory
To undertake the provision and maintenance of Data Services in order to enhance storage and retrieval of information.
• Overseeing the sample reception Unit and planning for receiving of specimens for testing
• Reviewing documentation accompanying specimens in line with specimen acceptance and rejection criteria.
• Creating test orders in the laboratory information system following established procedures
• Effectively advise clients and service users regarding specimen collection procedures
• Timely and accurately generating results reports and any other required feedback for tests / analyses conducted in the laboratory
• Creating regular reports for the management based on defined quality indicators
• Using statistical and other relevant tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in data sets that could be helpful for laboratory management and informing public health actions.
• Prepares timely and accurately file inventory in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
• Working with Unit Heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose improvement projects, and devise data collection and managements strategies.
• Timely Provide training to staff in the laboratory on use of software, programs, electronic tools, methods and other relevant skills
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics and English
• Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Library and Information Science or related field
• One (1) year work experience in a similar role
Experience and Skills
• Strong written communications skills and ability to organize, assimilate, and present information clearly. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Must be a team player and excellent time management skills
• General clerical duties including telephones, reports, data capture and updating SOPs relative to work area
• Strong mathematical skills to help collect, collate, measure, organize and analyse data
• Proficiency in use of basic computer packages such as MS Office suite
• Technical proficiency regarding database design and maintenance, data models, techniques for data capture, and analysis
• Proficiency in spreadsheets and statistical packages such as Excel, SPSS, SAS to be used for data set analysing
• Problem-solving skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
• Team-working skills
• Strong verbal and Written communication skills in English
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary – (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205