Laboratory Data Clerk (01)
Laboratory Data Clerk (01)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Laboratory Data Clerk (01)
Reports to: Laboratory Administration -In-Charge: Zambia National Public Health Institute Reference Laboratory
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute Reference Laboratory
To coordinate and supervise the provision and maintenance of efficient and effective Records management services in order to enhance accessibility, security and flow of information
• Effectively recording all necessary documentation accompanying specimens in line with specimen
• Recording all test orders for the ZNPHI Reference Laboratory
• Timely and accurately filling results reports and any other required feedback for tests / analyses conducted in the Laboratory.
• Maintains accurately and timely Register of incoming and outgoing correspondences in order to prevent misdirection and/loss
• Undertakes timely file circulation in order to facilitate decision making
• Responsible for receipt and distribution of correspondence in order to facilitate timely access and flow of information
• Ensures effective indexing of files in order to facilitate efficient and effective storage and retrieval of information
• Prepares timely and accurately file inventory in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics and English
• Diploma in Records Management, Library and Information Science or related field
Experience and Skills
• One (1) year work experience in a similar role
• Proficiency in use of basic computer packages such as MS Office suite
• Team player and ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary – (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205