Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (02)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (02)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (02)
Reports to: Head – Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI), Lusaka, Zambia.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the coordination and undertaking of timely and accurate analysis of data under M&E programs. This will facilitate timely data-driven decision-making and policy direction by Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) leadership. She/he will provide support to the ZNPHI M&E Cluster and coordinate ongoing collection and analysis of public health data obtained from a variety of data sources including e-IDSR. The position is supported under a cooperative agreement between ZNPHI and the U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Support the development and implementation of a M&E framework for ZNPHI implementing departments.
• Support development and implementation M&E guidelines and other tools.
• Review and update data collection tools in line with ZNPHI latest policy and guidelines.
• Regularly generate information related to progress of assigned M&E projects
• Support M&E system for tracking progress and reporting to ZNPHI
• Track program performance against program targets as stipulated in the ZNPHI Strategic plan.
• Ensure program officers (National, Provincial and District) have access and utilize e-IDRS data for policy decision, to enable data reviews are conducted quarterly
• Draft progress reports on projects to support monthly, mid-term and interim performance in accordance with the results framework.
• Develop and implement data quality improvement strategies for all levels.
• Conduct M&E need identification survey among staff (including at district level) and identify M&E capacity gaps
• Build M&E capacity through trainings, peer support and mentorship for project and subnational level staff.
• Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities.
• Conduct monitoring field visits for M&E staff under the project at central, provincial and district levels.
• Provide guidance to M&E staff to prepare field monitoring reports and disseminate for feedback.
• Provide support to national and sub-national level disease dashboard development.
• A Full Grade Twelve (12)/Form 5 School Certificate with five credits or better with English and Mathematics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science preferably in Statistics, Economics, Demography or another Social Science-related field.
• A Master’s degree in the disciplines highlighted above or Post graduate certification in Monitoring and Evaluation will also be an added advantage.
• Post graduate certification in Monitoring and Evaluation as an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
• At least two (2) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and results-based management in public health data.
• Knowledge and experience in designing M&E frameworks and conducting evaluations.
• Experience working in DHIS2 software
• Familiarity with at least one data visualization dashboard software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau)
• Knowledge and experience in disease surveillance reporting system (e-IDSR & COVID-19 tracker)
• Experience creating and managing data dashboards.
• Ability to plan and conduct structured and supportive field monitoring, including formal partner performance assessments, stakeholder reviews, etc.
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience drafting concept notes and impact assessment reports.
• Good data Analysis and interpretation skills.
• Excellent computer application skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Conversant with statistical packages such as R, SPSS and STATA.
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary – (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205