Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC) Information Communication Technology (ICT) Officer (01)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC) Information Communication Technology (ICT) Officer (01)
Reports to: PHEOC Manager
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPH), Lusaka, Zambia
The Information Communications Technology (ICT) officer will be responsible for providing technical support in the development, management and sustenance of all Information systems in the Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC). This will include immediate assistance with database support including ongoing data collection, maintenance of data records, analysis, generation of reports, ensuring ongoing data quality monitoring, training staff and stakeholders to use the existing systems regularly to answer questions, and creating a culture of using data for reporting, managing and decision making.
• Develop data management systems to support PHEOC operations, including rapid response team rosters and related databases and event management system
• Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
• Configure and maintain applications and user devices. Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to PHEOC data and information.
• Maintain inventory of PHEOC ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply, functionality, and accountability in collaboration with relevant staff.
• Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
• Support capacity building initiatives, to staff and partners to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications in the PHEOC.
• Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics, using relevant databases.
• Work closely with ZNPHI Departments and Units on systems integration.
• Maintaining access accounts to databases ensuring appropriate user policies and security is enforced.
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure overall database integrity and security.
• Support the PHEOC and ZNPHI in improving their digital health capacity and capabilities by providing backend analytics on public health data to guide response, strategic planning and resource allocation, while also improving data quality, data warehousing, data access, and use.
• Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
• Using data visualization to display data and information quickly to support decision making during public health emergencies
• Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
• Maintain and support audio-visual and other equipment (and users) of the meeting rooms
• Oversee knowledge management efforts for the PHEOC
• Other duties as assigned.
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor’s degree and above in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information technology or any related fields
• Certification In Software Development and Administration or Equivalent Added an Advantage.
• MCSA, MCSE, AWS Or Related Software Development or Certifications
Experience and Skills
• At least 5 years of experience in software development or other relevant IT field with existing evidence.
• Knowledge on the moodle platform and backend customizations
• Proficiency in database manipulation languages i.e MYSQL, Oracle
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external actors.
• High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team spirit.
• Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team
• Awareness of technological trends and apply necessary technology to the daily work when necessary
• Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary – (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205