Purchasing and Supplies Specialist (01)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Purchasing and Supplies Specialist (01)
Reports to: Head – Procurement and Supplies Unit
Location: Ministry of Health Headquarters and ZAMMSA
To strengthen procurement and supplies systems for purposes of supporting implementation of comprehensive and sustainable HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Cooperative Agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Manages effectively the procurement of goods, services and works in order to ensure their timely availability to End Users
• Manages effectively the supply of goods in order to ensure their availability and appropriate storage
• Manages timely the preparation of the annual procurement plan in order to facilitate the procurement of goods, services and works
• Manages effectively the management of Procurement contracts in order to ensure adherence to procurement regulations
• Manages periodically stock levels in order to facilitate the replenishment of goods and the identification of items for disposal
• Manages timely the collection and submission of samples of health products in order to facilitate their testing and clearance for use Supervises effectively the provision of tender secretariat services in order to facilitate committee meetings and preparation of procurement reports
• Supervises effectively the provision of tender secretariat services in order to facilitate committee meetings and preparation of procurement reports
• Manages effectively the development of a supplier database in order to establish an inventory of registered suppliers
• Manages timely the development of work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System in order to monitor and evaluate performance
• Supervises effectively human, financial and material resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives
• Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) O’Levels including English, Mathematics and Science required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification
Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to write technical papers and analytical reports
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English
• Should have demonstrated numerical/ Computation, interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Should have good negotiation skills.
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary- (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205