Software Developer (01)
Software Developer (01)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Software Developer (01)
Reports to: Principal ICT Officer
Location: Ministry of Health Headquarters, Lusaka, Zambia.
To undertake the design and development of scalable health Information systems, applications and other digital health products for data capturing, analysis and reporting. To work as part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
• Undertake the designing and creation of scalable software with clean functional code on the front- and back-end
• Spearhead the testing of in-house built applications
• Support the deployment of systems of systems
• Research and contribute to the development of the Health Information Exchange to facilitate the interoperability of systems
• Write comprehensive technical system documentation
• Undertake the extraction of data from various systems to support decision making
• Effectively undertake other duties assigned by the supervisor that may not be specified and yet are in the interest of the Ministry and the Government
• Design and develop the front-end of applications with appealing visual design
• Develop and integrate system databases with applications
• Develop effective APIs to share data with other systems
• Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
• Create effective security and data protection settings
• Write technical documentation for systems
• Work with data scientists, business analysts, cyber security specialists and other ICT specialists to improve software quality and system availability
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with Five O Level Credits Including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent ICT related field
• Certification In Software Development and Administration or Equivalent Added an Advantage.
• MCSA, MCSE, AWS Or Related Software Development or Certifications
Experience and Skills
• Minimum Three (3) years working experience in Database administration or software development.
• Proven experience developing desktop and mobile applications
• Experience working with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• An analytical mind
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary – (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205