Watch Staff (02)
Watch Staff (02)
The Ministry of Health (MoH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Ministry’s capacity to provide leadership to the national HIV/AIDS response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MoH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the under listed positions under this project.
Job Title: Watch Staff (02)
Reports to: PHEOC Manager
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPH), Lusaka, Zambia
The Watch Officer will monitor and triage information of public health significance for situational awareness in the PHEOC.
• Responsible for employing and developing knowledge management tools and information exchange capabilities.
• Establishes a common operating picture (COP), to supports response to threats and hazards to the nation by collecting, sharing and displaying multi-dimensional information that facilitates collaborative planning, and responses to these threats.
• Assist with the data standardization and collection tool and to develop geospatial visualization and statistical analysis tool in PHEOC.
• Plans, develops, and implements protocols for tracking critical response resource for situational awareness, such as location and status of people at-risk and staff), physical assets and medical countermeasure and supplies) and determines information requirements and reporting schedules.
• Coordinate daily to satisfy emergency management and situation awareness needs by coordinating public health information technologies, concepts, principles, practices, methods, and techniques.
• Coordinate planning support activities for PHEOC.
• Establishes information requirements and reporting schedules and templates.
• Ensure information collection activities are undertaken as necessary from GIS, Weather, Other Intelligence Analysis, surveillance and Informatics.
• Identify and manage the systems for daily disease and event specific such as disease outbreaks, and the notification of division and agency leadership for situational awareness
• Monitor, gather, process, and analyze strategic and tactical information of public health significance.
• Maintains status of National health and divisional resources involved in public health emergencies and assists in the development and disseminates routine, special, and ad hoc reports
• Available and able to perform shift work as required.
• Compiling and distributing Daily Situation Report (SITREP) and assist in the development of the Incident Action Plan.
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics and English
• Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine, Environmental health, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health or related
• A Master’s Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology
Experience and Skills
• Experience in disease Surveillance and Emergency Preparedness and response
• Experience with various forms of data analysis and reporting techniques.
• Broad knowledge of the mission, function and practices of MOH and ZNPHI preferred.
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Able to think strategically, use good judgment, and solve problems creatively to enhance and increase operational effectiveness
• Strong written communications skills and ability to organize, assimilate, and present information clearly. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Must be a team player and excellent time management skills.
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary – (Technical Services)
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205