ZNPHI/CDC Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) Manager
The Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the strengthening of the Institute’s capacity to provide Leadership to the Nation on Health Security through its mandate. ZNPHI seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to be appointed as ZNPHI/CDC Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) Manager under this project.
Job Title: ZNPHI/CDC Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) Manager.
Reports to: Head-Monitoring and Evaluation/ ZNPHI-CDC CoAg Director.
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI), Lusaka, Zambia.
To manage the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement with the Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPH/CDC CoAg) in order to ensure compliance with signed agreements and support the program goals of the CoAg.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinate effectively the administration of the CDC/PEPFAR supported projects in order to ensure appropriate use of resources.
• Effective development of programme budgets and expenditure requests annually (or as required) in order to ensure effective implementation of activities.
• Timely follow up on all draw down requests which have been approved by the Director General and CDC.
• Undertake timely liaison with the Principal Investigator in order to ensure effective functioning of the programme.
• Undertake focal point responsibilities between ZNPHI and CDC regarding funds allocations, balances and tracking programme budgets and work plans.
• Write and coordinate Cooperative Agreement funding applications and periodic reports as stipulated in the Notice of Award and as required by the project.
• Ensure that the Cooperative Agreement continuation application for funding is developed in a timely manner and submitted within the stipulated deadlines.
• Effective maintenance of CDC asset registers in order to ensure easy storage and retrieval of information
• Conduct effective and efficient resource tracking in order to ensure appropriate use of resources.
• Develop, monitor, and improve processes and tools that cover financial, administrative, and reporting needs of the CoAg.
• Regularly liaise with CDC focal points to proactively address challenges and troubleshoot issues.
• Carry out asset register updates of all of CDC procured items.
• Carry out delegated duties effectively in order to ensure the attainment of ZNPHI objectives in its mandate
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences preferably in Economics, Development Studies or other social science-related field.
• A Master’s degree in any Public Policy, Economics, Public health, Health Economics or equivalent will be an added advantage
• At least three (3) years’ experience in planning and budgeting for donor funds in the health sector is desirable.
• Experience in resource tracking of public health resources
• Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of public health programs
• Experience working in or with a governmental agency preferably in Zambia
• Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication and team building skills
• Experience working in the health sector is desirable
• Familiarity with ZNPHI’s role in health security in Zambia
• Experience working with and on Donor funded projects is an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to express himself or herself in writing and to produce regulatory and compliance documentation as guided by the Cooperative Agreement, Notices of Award and other CDC resources
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Managerial skills and good interpersonal working skills
• Good analytical skills with problem solving skills
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with verified copies of academic and professional qualifications, detailed Curriculum Vitae and three references including their contact numbers.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 14th January, 2023.
Applicants wishing to submit their application letters electronically to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates to address their application letters:
Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI)
Stand 1186, Corner Addis Ababa Drive & Chaholi Road,
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.