HOW TO SUBMIT MATERIAL
All submissions should be sent through the Health Press online submission system. An online author tutorial is also available, if you have any difficulties during the submission process. Alternatively, contact the managing Editor for assistance at email@example.com.
All submissions should contain the following information:
- the article category;
- a declaration that the material is original and has not been submitted elsewhere;
- a declaration that all authors have seen and approved the final manuscript;
- a declaration that the corresponding author, on behalf of all co-authors, has read and agreed to the terms of the Health Press data protection notice;
- a declaration that informed consent has been obtained from persons whose details are described in articles (or from the persons’ guardians) that this information may be published;
- a statement on funding and potential competing interests of the authors;
- where appropriate, information on approval of the work by an ethics committee;
- proof of permission to use figures or tables that are adapted or reproduced from other publications.
The following material should be uploaded as separate files:
- a covering letter;
- an anonymized manuscript text (managing editor can help to anonymize) in MS Word format (pdf files cannot be evaluated) including an abstract of appropriate length and a minimum number of
- eight references for rapid communications and 15 for regular articles. All author-identifiable information – authors’ names, affiliations and contributions as well as any acknowledgements – should NOT be included in the document. No illustrations (figures or tables) should be included in this document;
- authors’ names and affiliations (in the format for publication). The first name of each author should be given in full (i.e. an initial should not be given). Where a collective author is included (e.g. a working group or disease-specific network) and if the persons comprising the group are to be included at the end of the article, please list each person in this file;
- authors’ contributions: the contribution of each author to the article should be described. This information will be published at the end of the article;
- all figures in an appropriate format (see details in the section on formatting and style); The following file formats are automatically converted into the PDF: Word, RTF, TXT, LaTeX2e, AMSTex, TIFF, GIF, JPEG, EPS, Postscript, PICT, PDF, Excel, and PowerPoint. Other file types are not automatically supported, but can be included as hyperlink items in the PDF file;
- all tables in Word format;
- a scan of the agreement with authors signed by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors.
File names of uploaded files must not contain any author-identifiable information that may lead to identification of the author.
After all files and information have been uploaded in the submission system, the corresponding author is responsible for checking and approving the pdf. Approval of the pdf is required for the article to be sent to the editorial office.
Submissions should conform to the uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals as detailed in: Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals. International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Med Educ. 1999; 33(1):66-78 (http://www.icmje.org/index.html)