Surveillance and Disease Intelligence Unit Zambia National Public Health Institute
Citation Style For This Article: Surveillance and Disease Intelligence Unit. Intergrated Disease Surveillance and Response. Health Press Zambia Bull. 2019; 4(01); pp 10-19.
- Current outbreaks and public health threats
- cVDPV Outbreak: No new confirmed cases have been reported.
- Measles Outbreak: Cumulatively, 24 cases were reported in Kasama district, Northern province with 6 testing positive for Measles IgM.
- Poliomyelitis: PV2 detected from three contacts in Kalabo district, Western province.
- Coronavirus: Covid-19 surveillance ongoing, especially at points of entry.
Immediately notifiable diseases
- Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP): One case was reported this week from Mumbwa district, Central Province.
- Maternal Deaths: 14 maternal deaths were recorded in Lusaka (8), Southern (2), North-western (1) and Northern (3) provinces.
- Measles: 6 suspected measles cases were reported in Northern (4) and Central (2) provinces and two samples were sent for laboratory investigation.
- Typhoid: 9 suspected cases were reported from North-western (4), Lusaka (3), Northern (1) and Eastern (1) provinces. One sample sent for laboratory investigation tested positive for Typhoid.
- Event Based Surveillance: Reports of random incidents of gassing households in several districts have been reported countrywide. Investigations are underway.